Friday, November 16, 2012

Life goes on.....

Yes, I know I haven't written on the blog for over a month and thank you for your patience. I just needed a break after writing so much on the trip plus it took me awhile to get rested up from the trip. So I will try to get back to normal and cover the topics I've been saving up. 8-)
Penny's was running a special this month of free pictures so I decided to have one done. I do all the taking so have very few pictures of just me and truth be told, I avoid having my picture taken when all possible.  However, I gave it a try.  When I looked at the proofs, my first thought was "I'm smiling".  After loosing Larry, I  thought I would never be able to smile again but now I have proof I am. To me the picture is the symbol of "Life goes on...", the heart and mind somehow copes with what happens and we truly do do back to living. It's kinda tough right now since I'm coming up on that dreaded "1st year anniversary" of Larry getting sick, hospice, passing on, etc. I was in the Hallmark store today and was buying Christmas cards. I had a really hard time with the tears because I kept thinking about the cards we sent out last year that had the happy picture of us on it. I rarely go back and read anything I've written on the blog and I certainly did not re-read anything I wrote last year when he was sick, etc.   However, I printed them out today and plan to read them on the day they were originally written. Why? At the time, so much was just a blur and even though it will be painful, I want to re-examine what all happened. I know it will be painful but am hoping for some healing to come from it also. Eleven months later, it's still One Day At A Time...

No comments: