Last week it was 85 degrees and this week 45 with a low forecast of 24 in the morning. I think fall is mostly behind us..... I don't see anything higher than 61 for the next 10 days in the forecast. The chill index this morning when I got up was 22... 8-) But I am ready! My sweaters are washed, folded and on the shelves. Turtlenecks are ready although I want a couple of different colors. I have a new fake fur-lined vest from Sam's at a great price. My knee boots are in the closet although I still have to spray them with a leather protectant. Had to look in some boxes yesterday but finally found my gloves and I have a rack full of scarves from last year. So....bring it on! Of course I may get my fill of it early if it is a long, really cold winter and then I can become one of those annoying snow birds that people in Arizona dread.
On another note.....I have a big appreciation of personal pictures from being the genealogy fanatic I am. It is so frustrating to either not have a picture of someone or only have one when they are 10 years old and none as an adult. I don't have many of me since I am always the one taking them so I have pictures taken periodically at a studio. The last ones were before I let my hair go natural so decided it was time to get some new ones done, especially with a big birthday coming up. So off I went to a local Penny's studio. I have gone for many years going back to when Larry and I would get pictures done with the grandkids at Penny's when we lived in Sacramento. Here is a collage of the ones I had done last week. I HATE having my picture taken so am always happy when someone can get some decent pictures of me.
Friday, October 31, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment