Sunday, October 04, 2015

I'm back....

The recent trip is but a fond memory right now and I will soon begin working on the travel book for the trip which will bring it all back to the front of my memory and I can relive it again.   But in the meantime, I needed to catch up on rest, laundry, commitments made before I left, 135 emails and did I say rest? I looked at emails while on the trip and deleted many of them but I needed to really read and/or respond to the 135.

One cup of energy: I took many seminars and classes during my 20+ years of management on prioritizing, goal setting, etc. Many of them said that pretend you only have 1 cup of energy that must last for the full day so decide how you are going use it by prioritizing what you spend the cup of energy on.  Well that was all fine and dandy before I had so many birthdays... Now I think my daily cup of energy is down to about 3/4 of a cup per day. I had to admit I just can't do as much per day as I used to. Bummer!  But.....it's better than the alternative!

Amazon: Ordering from Amazon is becoming my favorite thing to do.  Where else can you order 2 bottles of room odor neutralizer, a current best seller book, a hair care gel that has been discontinued so no longer in the stores and a CD of Cajun music on a Friday afternoon and get it all delivered on Monday? Plus it is usually cheaper than what I can get it for in the store.  The CD isn't even available in a store. I am about ready to agree that you can get anything through Amazon!

Overland Park Arboretum: It was chilly this morning, about 45 degrees, but I put on my turtleneck sweater and a fleece vest before heading out to the Arboretum for the morning walk. It was beautiful out there - cool, blue skies with a feel of pending fall in the air. Besides walking where I usually do, this time I took off on some of the back trails through the woods. The only sounds I could hear were birds, wind in the leaves, squirrels rustling leaves, etc. It was also a trial test for the camera on my new phone which passed with flying colors. Here are some of the pics from this morning.

A life-sized bronze statue of a painter who is looking at the Monet Garden. 

Waterfall near the Water Garden. 

Collage of blooms left over from summer and a wooden bridge on the trail back in the woods. 

No comments: