Friday, November 27, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

This Thanksgiving was different for me - I cooked! It is not easy for my brother and sister-in-law to get out and go places for dinner due to the number of their birthdays and arthritis. Plus most of the kids have dinner with their families on Thanksgiving and usually Bill and Vida go to one of their houses. However, this year my niece, Vivian, and I decided to bring Thanksgiving to them. We took the food to their house and cooked it there. Vivian's husband and son joined us. I ordered a precooked turkey so we just had to heat it up. The biggest challenge for me was cooking chicken & noodles for Pat, Vivian's husband. He loves them and does not consider it a proper dinner if he doesn't have them. Well, I hate them! However, I dug out a copy of Vida's cookbook and fixed them following the recipe exactly as written. They were eaten so I guess they passed the test.


Top left: I don't think I have ever looked as domestic! Top right: Vivian is getting a lesson from Vida on fixing candied sweet potatoes. Bottom left: Bill carving the turkey. Bottom right: Thanksgiving Sangria that got Vivian and I through it all.


We had turkey, chicken & noodles, green beans, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry relish, candied sweet potatoes and hot rolls. Desert was a pumpkin pie, oatmeal pie and a spice cake. Bottom pic: Vivian and I with Bill and Vida after dinner.

It was a memorable day!

No comments: