Friday, July 08, 2016

Eye update

Today I went for my 2-week checkup on the right eye where I had the cataract removed last month. According to the doctor, it is doing wonderful and with glasses, they can correct my vision in that eye to 20/20. I can see  20/20 without glasses for reading. Before I had the surgeries, my left eye was corrected to 20/50 and the right eye was corrected to 20/30. Before I get my new glasses, I am going to have the film removed on the left eye by a laser procedure on Aug 9th. With the film, the left eye could only be corrected to 20/30 today. I decided that there is no reason to wait and see if it gets worse and then have to get new glasses after it is removed. I'll just do it now and get it over with. 8-) However the laser will mean I keep doing drops longer and I HATE doing drop because it is so hard for me to hit my eye ball the first time. I have found that practice does NOT make perfect when it comes to me putting eye drops in my eyes. Oh well......

The following Ziggy comic was in the newspaper today. I love it!
I was telling someone last weekend that if I have to evacuate my house and could only take a few things then my trip books are what I would grab!  But if I couldn't rescue them, there would be a mass reprinting of the books. They are so valuable to me because of the memories in them.

No comments: