Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Misc tidbits from Denver

City Park:  Yesterday, I mentioned that I went to City Park but the picture wouldn't upload so couldn't finish the post about it. To me, one of the most iconic views in Denver is the one below.
The Denver skyline and mountains is visible in the past. The building in front is a pavilion and boat rental dock for the lake.

Bathroom doors at the zoo: This is something I have NEVER seen before!  In the women's restroom, all the stall doors have pictures of animals painted on them.

This is the view as you go into the stall and the below is the view from inside the stall.  Clever!

  

Weather: I will admit that I'm disappointed in the temperature out here.  A couple of weeks ago the weather was to be in the low 70's but it has turned out that it is in the low 80's.  Not sweater weather like I was hoping for. It was even warm up in the mountains over the weekend. 

Tourist attraction:  Imagine my surprise when I was looking at the rack of brochures for local tourist attractions and saw this one. 

Inside the brochure are Frequently Asked Questions, , explanations of the different types of marijuana, Do's and Don'ts plus a map of where it can be purchased in Colorado. 

Today I'm having lunch with Darryl and meeting his co-workers plus a couple of guy friends who are dropping by the shop while I'm there to pick him up for lunch. Should be interesting....  I have worked all morning on the computer catching up on emails.  I have a lot more "office" work to do after lunch.  Tomorrow I will get back to being a tourist. 


No comments: