Here are some random thoughts and observations that we wanted to add to the Little Rock adventure before the blog goes dark....
- We got up this morning and opened all the doors and windows in the house just for the fresh air. Morris spent the first few hours going from open door to open door and spending time in each one. We really missed the fresh air in the high-rise building.
- Even thought we know we would never want to live in a high-rise, it was a wonderful experience and we are so glad we did it. It was really fun to be able to walk to restaurants, farmers market, or just walk down to the river and go for a walk. Plus just sit and watch the city go by.
- Rarely did we ever see a person run a red light turning left while we were in Little Rock. That is the norm in Tucson. Also, people stopped behind the cross walk and didn't inch out into the left turn lane.
- The speed limit in west Texas is 80 mph for cars during the day, 70 mph for trucks and everyone goes to 65 mph at night. We were suprised to see that people ovserve it plus there were enough highway patrol on the highway to assure you did follow the rules.
- We certainly didn't miss the hard, hard, HARD water that Tucson has. Also didn't feel like I needed to use a full bottle of moisturizer every day on my skin. Of course I also couldn't control the natural curl in my hair with the soft water and humidity.
- I've heard about "Southern Hospitality" and to experience it is amazing. People act like they have known you forever and do they ever like to chat - about anything.
- I never did talk Larry into eating collard greens but at least he tried fried okra.
- Morris far exceeded our expectations - of course we were prepared for all the nightmare stories we had heard about traveling with a cat. He did really well. He could settle in anyplace we were after checking out every square inch of it. However, it's obvious since we got home that he prefers it here with space, fresh air, etc. And there was no way you could get him off our bed last night!
- I apologize to you readers who are excellent spellers. Now you know how spelling challanged I really am. 8-) We had spelling bees in school when I was a kid and I never lasted past the first round. Now math was a different story..... Unfortunately, the Yahoo blog software doesn't have a user-friendly spell check and -0- grammar check.
- After a few days rest, I will start on our vacation book and use the blog as a base for this trip. Will add more pics and script but the base is there which is nice.
- So.... after 91 posts to the blog, we thank you for your comments and enjoyoyed sharing our adventure with you. The blog is now dark until the next adventure! Larry, Darlene & Morris
Friday, September 02, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment