I know that we could still get a big snow or ice storm this spring. However, I was at Walmart this week and this is what greeted me in front of the store.
Not only did they have the first potted plants of the year but they were unloading a semi-truck full of bags of soil, etc. and other gardening supplies were stored in the parking lot.
Politics: The political race this year has to be the best reality show on TV right now. I have actually watched a lot of the debates - at least the first hour. Again, it is just unbelievable what the Republicans say. The Bernie and Hillary debates are dull compared to the Republicans. The Kansas Caucus is tomorrow and within the last 2 days I have got a phone call from Ted, Mark, Bernie and Donald - well it was their voice and I quickly hung up.... Last night I got a call from a survey company. I was going to hang up and then decided to do the survey just so I could give some of them my "no way" rating.
Getting ready for teaching my genealogy classes: The one for March 17th is done. I'm about half done with the one for April 14th which is on comparing a website and blog if you are going to use one for your personal genealogy. However I have not started on the one for May 9th and that will be a big one. In the May 9th class, I am comparing the 4 most popular software programs used in genealogy to keep your information in. One of them I have used for 20+ years, 2 of them I know a little bit about and don't know anything about the 4th one so have a steep learning curve to do to get ready for it. I am certainly doing a lot more in genealogy now that I expected to do when I moved back here. Part of it is that the Society I belong is so active and involved in so many things. And then of course there is the Quarterly that gets published every quarter..... Busy, Busy, Busy but then I do have to stay busy so can't complain too much!
Friday, March 04, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment