Thursday, March 31, 2016

Easter Dinner, etc

Me and the shingles are just not getting along!  If this is a mild case then I cannot imagine a severe case of shingles. Once I got past the stabbing, burning, searing pain, it has settled down into itching which is driving me nuts. Most of the breakout areas have faded away but there is still a big area in the middle of my back and a couple of other spots. Of course I can't reach the one on my back and every time I move, my clothes rub against it and that sets off itching. I finally sent an email to the doctor pleading for help.... They said to use a hydrocortisone cream and to take Zyrtec which is a strong allergy medicine. I have been using the cream and it works for a short time. The Zyrtec puts me to sleep and does help the itching some but I hate the "fog in the brain" feeling the next day from it. Apparently the average case lasts 2-6 weeks and I am not starting week 4.  However, I have head of people who had it for months before it all cleared up... Please God, don't let that be me.....

The family Easter Dinner was last Sunday.  There was 60-65 people there and all but 10 were related in one way or another. Usually Easter is at the home of one of Vida's daughters but there are just to many for a house so this year we used the Lion's Club building and that worked out really well. Besides all the food, there is always an egg hut for the kids.

L-R: Sheryl, Vida's oldest, Vida, Bill and Vivian, Bill's oldest. 

A portion of the food table. There was a total of 96 deviled eggs on the table and not a one was left at the end of the dinner. 

Cousins with the Easter Bunny who doesn't look too thrilled to be there. 

"Look mommy at what I found." The egg hunt organizers divide the total number of eggs by how many kids there are and then tell the parents/kids how many eggs they can each have. This year it was 20.  They use the plastic eggs and fill them with candy. Some eggs are in plain site and others are more hidden.  The older kids know to leave the easy one for the little ones. This is a 4th generation family member and she may have been the youngest one on the egg hunt although not the youngest one at the dinner. 

Fun Family Time!

No comments: