Periodically Morris will get up on top of the printer, like he is here, and study the collage of my pictures on the wall. I have three collage pictures framed and on the wall but this one seems to be his favorite. Maybe he is admiring himself....
I am so bored.... Somewhere along the way, I never learned how to just putz around, doing not much and be happy. I need to be busy, have a list, get things done and accomplished - much like working... Larry could spend all day busy doing nothing and be perfectly content. Not me! I can't wait until I start school in January. In the meantime, some friends and I leave on Sept 28th for a 11 day trip to the east coast and I have a trip up to Oregon planned. That leave lots of days with nothing to do. So....I have increased my work with the Home Owners Association and will be taking a few 1/2 day classes on various topics. With Larry gone, my interest in genealogy isn't as strong as it was but will get back into it to finish up a lot of project and maybe that will help. It is really, really hard to "make a new life" after you loose your husband/partner/best friend. As I have said many times, the evenings don't bother me - it's the days that are so hard for me to get used to. Maybe part of it is that I worked from home for so many years and had a routine of getting up, getting ready, fixing breakfast and then going to the home office. We would go out to lunch at noon and then back to the office for the afternoon of work. That is my pattern still without Larry but there isn't enough to fill up the time in the office. I think it will be better when the weather cools down and I can get out with the camera during the day or go for walks outside. Part of my boredom is "cabin fever" from being inside all the time due to the heat outside. Somehow, I will get it resolved and in the meantime, it's One Day At A Time.
Thursday, September 06, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment