Monday, December 17, 2012
Larry
This was in the Tucson newspaper today. After an appointment with my Grief Counselor this morning, I went out to Saguaro Park which was a favorite place of Larry's here in Tucson. Like so many times before, I stopped on the way and got a large Hot Mocha at Starbucks. When I got to the park, I went to our favorite picnic table, spread sunflower seeds out for the ground squirrels and sipped the Hot Mocha - all in his memory. There were a lot of birds who came around for brunch - most of them Gila Woodpeckers which build nests in the Saguaro cactus. It's the first time that I have seen so many birds while at the park and they have never come by for seeds before. I had given up hope on any ground squirrels coming around until just before I was ready to leave when a little guy came up and was soon eating like crazy. Larry LOVED watching the ground squirrels out there. I missed him but he was there.. One Day At A Time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment