Needless to say, I am thrilled to put 2012 behind me and move into the New Year. I think I said that a year ago.... I learned a lot about myself this year and hope it makes me a stronger, better person. A year ago, I was just trying to survive each day. Now I'm making plans for the future and able to enjoy the days. The tears are not a daily occurrence but they do still happen. I've been reading the blog from the time Larry went into the hospital until Christmas 2011. I'm amazed at how much either I forgot or just blocked out. I found out that the mind can only deal with so much at one time. I have no memory of Christmas 2011. Christmas this year was nice and quiet with some friends coming over for dinner. It was the first time I had really cooked a mean in over a year. I enjoyed having the house decorated for Christmas but took everything down the day after Christmas. I'm looking forward to class starting Jan 15th and going back to Missouri for 2 months in the summer. The trip should really be an adventure for Morris and me - especially the drive there and back by ourselves. I'm thinking about sneaking away for a few days during Spring Break but don't know where I'll go yet.
Morris is fine. Since the weather has finally gotten colder here, he is constantly on my lap. I think he likes the body heat he gets from me. He certainly isn't interested in going outside for any walks.
I realize I'm not doing a very good job writing on the blog every day but just not much new to write about. No news is good news.... 8-)
Monday, December 31, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment