Saturday, December 15, 2012

This n' That

I know, I haven't written in awhile.  I was thinking this morning, awake but not ready to get up yet, that at times I use the blog as a journal and at other times I use it more as though I was writing letters to friends. I guess I'm in the letter writing phase right now....
Trip to Eugene: I went up to Eugene, OR on Dec 6th and came back on the 11th. The primary purpose was to visit with some friends who have been like family to me for about 30 years.  While there, I was also able to visit with some friends that I used to work with.  On Sunday, I drove down to Roseburg, OR to visit with friends who used to live here in Tucson and moved up there about 2 years ago. It was a good trip but I was glad to get back home. 
Morris: Needless to say, Morris was not happy with me going on the trip and leaving him home. He sure knows the meaning of a suitcase! It doesn't matter that someone visits him twice a day and sometimes a neighbor also drops in - it's that he was left behind. When I got home, I couldn't get more than 2 feet from him for the first 2 days. It was 5 years ago today that Larry and I walked into the cat shelter and Morris knew "his ship had come in". For someone who had never had a cat, it took Larry and Morris about 2 minutes to connect. Morris has sure made the past year much more bearable for me. Below is a picture of them the day we brought Morris home.

Weather:  I'm in 7th Heaven!  The last 2 days have been in the mid 50's and rain off and on.  I love it....  No 70's are forecast for a week. I realize that many people would love being in 70+ degree weather and sunny during mid-December.  However, I like being able to wear winter clothes at times and a change from sunshine every day. It's starting to rain again so time to go into the living room, turn on the Christmas tree and curl up with a good book.... 8-)

No comments: