Thursday, February 27, 2014
Settling In....
Morris and I arrived here 3 weeks ago today and are getting settled in. About 1/2 the boxes are unpacked, furniture is ordered and today I'm going to buy a snow shovel. There is a storm coming in this weekend that could leave 6" of snow in it's wake. Yes, the streets and area in front of the garages is plowed. However, I found that they can't get right up next to the garage door so you can have a high pile of now right by the door to back out over to get to the plowed area. I hope to get more boxes unpacked this weekend when the weather is bad and can't get out much. Yesterday I was with nieces from 11 am - 8 p.m. I went to lunch with Sheryl and then we came back to the apartment so she could see it and wait on Vivian to get here. Vivian arrived around 2 p.m. and after visiting awhile, Sheryl left. Vivian and I went shopping for "house accessories", had dinner out and then she went home. I know it will be hard for some to believe but I didn't even check email until around 9 p.m. and NEVER set down at my computer all day! My thoughts last night was "Oh, so this is what it is like to be retired and not have a long list of appointments, things that must be done, etc". Pretty laid back day....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment