I said I wasn’t going to do the blog when I moved to the
Midwest – but guess what? It just seems
right to continue it although I DO NOT plan on writing every day. It won’t be a travel log like I have done in
the past on trips. It will be a snapshot of life with Morris and me as we start
the next chapter of our life. And besides, I may need it when I write a best-selling
biography of our life together…….
Three weeks ago this time we were just settling in on the I-10 freeway
heading east for what was going to be a very long drive. Morris was protesting
at full volume and I’m thinking “How long can I stand this?” I don’t mind road trips by myself because it is
much easier when he isn’t in the car. By
myself, I can take as many stops as I want to, go in and eat a leisurely meal,
etc. With him, it is stop as little as
possible since it takes a while for him to settle back down once we get on the
road again. The good thing is that he does settle in very easily once we get
into a hotel room and I can leave him in the room while I go have dinner. The only bad weather we ran into was in Oklahoma City where
Morris saw his first big snow. We got up
the next morning and there was about 3” inches of snow on the ground, the car was completely covered in snow, it was
really cold and a strong north wind was blowing. I waited about an hour before
starting out so rush hour traffic could get out of the way and the roads were
not as slick. We had no problems on the
road but it was a longer than usual drive to KC due to the roads not being
totally clear and dry. They were
ploughed but the lanes were not quite as wide and were wet in places so I wasn’t
taking any chances with ice. It was complete, total relief when we pulled into
the parking lot of the apartment complex on Thursday afternoon! The blow-up mattress felt really good that night....Tuesday, February 25, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment