Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Home!!!!

We got an early start this morning leaving Las Cruces at 6:30 a.m. With the time change, we got home at 9:30 so 4 hours as planned. Uneventful drive although we did run into some heavy rain about 50 miles east of Tucson but at least it wasn't as bad as what I hit in Kansas on Monday. 

Morris was really fussy today and maybe he was as anxious to get home as I was - or at least get out of the car. He quietened down after about 10 minutes this morning but there was frequent "communication" from him all the way home. No long naps like yesterday. We got home, I pulled into the garage, closed the garage door, took the litter box into the house, went back out and opened his crate for him to get out.  He looked at me for a minute and shot out of the car headed for the door into the house. After drinking some water and eating a bit of food he went to his favorite hiding spot which is the back corner of the master closet behind clothes.  It was an hour or so before he came out. He finally came out, checked everything, ate some more, used the litter box and is now back in his corner...



For me, I unpacked the suitcase and left everything else for tomorrow or the next day..... I'm beat!

Thanks to everyone here in Tucson for the "welcome home" gifts.  Looking forward to Friday at the bar so I can catch up on all the gossip....

After 74 straight blogs on this trip, the blog will go dark again after today.  I'll let you know when I restart it which will be when I have something to write about. Thanks for sharing the trip with us!

No comments: