It's too soon to pack up the apt. Don't have anything left on my "go see list" for this trip. Can't afford to go shopping after the last Vera Bradley Store. Just finished my book and need at least a few hours before starting another one. Just plain bored! Guess I could set here and watch the birds outside, especially since I just saw a beautiful cardinal land on a limb by the window. I have a list of stuff to do to get ready for the trip home and most of it is on the list for Saturday and Sunday. Oh well, I could just sit and watch old reruns of Dr. Welby....
Other Tidbits:
I did go back over to the genealogy library yesterday and after pouring through many books, only found one thing of real interest. It was in a book of cemeteries in the Missouri country where my maternal grandmother is from. I ran across the "Molder Cemetery" which was her maiden name. There are inscriptions for the 16 tombstones there and almost all of them are her ancestors going back several generations. I have been to the cemetery and you can barely read the inscriptions but the book was done back in the 40s when the inscriptions were easier to read. Interesting!
We had a very short but heavy storm come through yesterday afternoon. There were 3 really, really loud claps of thunder and then it just poured for a few minutes. Rain stopped and the sun came back out. I missed Morris after the mini-storm was over and finally found him under a bed. He HATES thunder.
It has been pretty hot here the last couple of days. I listen to them say 95 degrees for a high and think that isn't so hot when you are from the desert so why are they making a big deal out of it. But they really put an emphasis on the Heat Index temperature - not just the official temperature. We aren't used to the Heat Index in the desert and I finally realized it is because in the desert there isn't much humidity so the heat index is usually the same as the temperature. Here, with the humidity, the heat index can be 5-10 degrees more. So that 95, feels like 105... But....there is still a light breeze and that really helps.
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment