Monday, July 01, 2013

Quiet Monday

It's been a rather quiet day and spent time catching up on little stuff - laundry, buying birthday cards, grocery store, etc. I have discovered that many local tourist places are closed on Monday so plan to get back out tomorrow and visit Missouri Town 1855.   Fort Osage is on the list for Friday.

Morris: I was setting here last evening watching TV and "BANG". Morris was trying to open a kitchen cabinet door in the kitchen and it slipped out of his paws and shut. I jumped but he didn't. He just tried again and succeeded.
I don't know why he thinks it is so much fun to open doors... I can't tell you how many times I have gone into the 2nd bathroom here and all the cabinet doors are open on the vanity. I close them and a few days later they are all open again.  He found a cabinet door in the kitchen that I didn't even know was a real door. Sometimes he goes in the cabinet after opening the door and sometimes he just leaves it open and leaves. Above: He works his paw on the door until he get a crack and then pulls it open with a paw.   He opens bi-fold doors the same way by getting his paw under on just enough to get his nose in between them and push them open enough to get inside. At home I will find doors open 3-4 times a week.
He looked in, let it shut and jumped back down off the frig.

Hydrangeas: I went by the Von Maur department store today while out running errands.  Some of the prettiest hydrangeas I have ever seen are in front of the store. I drove by, saw them and circled back to get some picture of them.  I have seen a lot of white and blue hydrangea blooms while back here but this is the first purple/lavender I have seen and they were just gorgeous. I always remember the white hydrangea plants that my mother had when I was growing up.
 
They are so beautiful!
 
 

No comments: