Morris shut up after only about 10 minutes today. However, he fussed at me a lot more today but it wasn't screaming. I got lectured if I rattled a paper and woke him up or every time I stopped which was not very many times. And sometimes he would just wake up, we would have a "conversation" and he would go back to sleep. This picture represents mostly what I saw today while driving which was miles and miles of nothing. I had decided to take the road out of Amarillo that goes through Clovis and Roswell, NM on my way to the hotel in Las Cruces. Mainly I didn't want another day of just high speed freeway driving - I'll have more of that tomorrow. Usually I do stick to freeways but Larry and I took this route 3 years ago on our first Midwest trip so I knew the roads were good and they were. The roads are state roads but all 4 lane. I went through many small towns so the speed limits today ranged from 25 MPH to 75 MPH. That helped to break it up.
Morris doesn't like elevators any more than he does vehicles. This morning after I got everything in the car, I went back upstairs to get him. He fussed all the way down in the halls and elevator. When we got to the lobby, he fussed just enough to get the attention of everyone who was in the lobby having breakfast. With his head held high, he shut up and enjoyed the attention and comments of "oh look, there is a cat", "he is so pretty', etc.
The hotel here in Las Cruces certainly isn't as nice as the one last night. This one is older but it is clean. There just aren't that many choices when traveling with a pet. Anyway, within 1 minute after walking in the door today Morris found this wall and has spent most of the time up there. He is currently stretched out on it sound asleep. The wall is at least 6 ft tall. He got down a few times to check everything out and then went back up to his wall.
Another 4 hours of driving in the morning and we'll be home. Both of us will be glad to get the driving over with for this trip. If we wake up early in the morning, we'll go ahead and hit the road after a stop at McDonald's. I got gas tonight when I went out to get something to eat so won't have to take time for that in the morning. Of course after we get home, there is the unpacking the car, unpacking the suitcases and boxes, get groceries, etc.. Oh well.....that part of going on trips. 8-)



No comments:
Post a Comment