Thursday, July 04, 2013

Misc......

July 4th:  Yesterday about 30-35 people gathered at my niece's house for their annual 4th of July get-together. That represented 4 generations. My niece's husband cooked 50 hamburgers,  which were outstanding I might add,  and 16 hot dogs on the grill. Other food included chips,  salads, potatoes, baked beans and multiple deserts.  Looking forward to my leftovers tonight for dinner! I can't believe I sliced 8 boxes of strawberries for strawberry shortcake. There were multiple heavy thunderstorms in the area, including one about 3 miles from us but we only got a light shower.  However, it hit when we were getting ready to eat so some ate under the patio umbrella and the rest squeezed into the house. For me, it seemed strange to see people setting off fireworks including little kids with the poppers out on the driveway. I haven't lived in a place where fireworks were legal for many, many years but they are back here.  Thanks V & P for a fun evening.

Movie: I went to a move today and it was quite an experience. The movie was "White House Down" which is so, so but the real experience was the theatre. I got up to the counter to buy my ticket and they pointed to a screen in front of me as and asked if that seat was all right?  Assigned seating at a movie theater?  Yep.....  Then with my popcorn and drink in hand and starting down the hall to the theater, I see a full bar where you can get beer, wine or mixed drinks to take into the theater with you. And then the chairs, oh my, these are great. The seats also fully recline.
 
 
Morris was a really unhappy camper after I was gone for most of the last two days so I made an effort to be home most of the time today except for the movie. Earlier this afternoon he sat on my lap and slept for about an hour and then gave me a really dirty look when I finally had to change positions. 

No comments: