Morris reclaims his bed: As previously stated, Morris sometimes sleeps on the bed in the guest room/office. However, he lost his access to the bed when Nancy was here. I couldn't find him in the house a couple of days after Nancy left but knew he was somewhere in the house.
And here he is..... He moved a small pillow out of the way and crawled in between the pillows on his bed which he shares with guests when they come to visit.
My new favorite flower: I had never heard of Knock-Out Roses until I was here last summer. They were introduced in 2000 so are a relatively new species. They are cold and heat tolerant, reliably resistant
to disease, produces a bevy of blooms every 5 to 6 weeks from spring until
the first hard frost and come in several colors. I'm really surprised that they aren't used in the desert.
You see them EVERYWHERE back here - in medians, along highways, on street corners, as hedges, single plants and in elaborate landscaping areas. This group are between my apartment and the street behind my apt. The blue arrow points to my patio. It was important to me when placing my recliner, that I would be able to see out the dining room window and see these roses. From the recliner, I can look straight out or at an angle through a dining room window. I walk past several groupings of Knock-Out roses when doing my morning walk and love them.
Lung biopsy: I am scheduled for the biopsy on June 5th. They called me last Tuesday to say they had an opening yesterday if I could come in and I said "no". I needed more time to get my "mind around the whole thing" so rescheduled it for the 12th. Vivian (niece) is going with me since I can't drive afterward. They told me to bring a bag just in case I have to stay overnight, and I really didn't need to hear that! I guess the biggest risk is that the lung will collapse and they have to re-inflate it which is the main reason for having to stay overnight. Then I see the cardiologist on June 9th..... Thank goodness I have some genealogy and photography classes scheduled in June so I have something to look forward to....
Friday, May 30, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment