Sunday, May 25, 2014

Yes, I'm still alive

It has been a very busy 2 weeks.....  A friend from Tucson was here for a week and that kept me busy being hostess and tour guide. Then on Friday, I went down to Sarcoxie, my hometown, with 2 nieces and we came back Saturday afternoon late. Our mission was to put flowers on the graves of 14 family members - some mine and some on their mother's side plus some for my sister-in-law's family. When I was a kid, it was a big thing to go "decorate the graves" for Memorial Day. I was surprised to learn that it is still a big thing here in the Midwest. It was nice to know that some traditions have continued in parts of the country. I knew so many of the people in the town so it was very nostalgic for me.
Front row L-R: My mother, dad and nephew who died last August. My "spot" is the one to the left of my mother's 8-).  My nephew chose the spot next to my dad so they could "chat".....

I left Morris to fend for himself after leaving plenty of food and he did quite well.  I think that is only the 2nd time he has been left by himself overnight. Yes, I know, SPOILED! I knew when I got home that he would either totally ignore me or chew me out and it was the chewing out as he was following me around the house. I couldn't get more than a few feet from him for several hours.

Speaking of Morris, he has really gotten in a habit of going for his daily walks. For me it is a lot of standing around while he sniffs every blade of grass and them moves on a few feet to repeat the sniffing. He checks out all the trees for lizards.  The birds who have nests nearby are very vocal when he is out in the yard.  Today he walked around about 3/4 of the apt building which is pretty large. He passed 4 patios on the way home and knew which one was ours by trying to go into it through the wrought iron fence around it - he ignored the other 3.
Iris blooms from Vivian's yard. I always think of my mother when I see them since she always had Iris plants in her flower garden when I was a kid.


 

 

No comments: