Sunday, May 11, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

I really have no idea how I ever found the time to work!  It seems like I am continually busy from the time I get up until 5:30 p.m. when I set down to watch the National News. There is reading the morning paper with breakfast, catching up with emails, facebook, etc on the computer, running errands, taking genealogy classes, visiting with family, genealogy research on the computer and at the local center, taking Morris for walks, working on my photographs in the digital darkroom (on the computer) and now there is "gardening". That schedule does not allow a lot of time for housework, laundry, etc. which means I have my priorities right.  Plus I don't have a bird feeder for Morris and that will be another thing to do - keep it filled since I don't think Morris will be doing it.

Speaking of gardening......after 8 years in the desert where I was limited to cactus and desert plants, I am like a kid in a candy store back here with all the plants and flowers.  So of course I had to have some and containers seemed to be the way to go. A lot of people in the apartment complex plant flowers and even vegetables along their buildings. That is more work that I want to do. However, I don't have a drip system here, much to my dismay, so have to water them all by hand.
This is my entry way. The single container is a rose bush which I just had to have! I'm thinking of putting a park bench against the wall so I will have a place to rest when I get tired of working in the garden.....
This is one end of the patio off the living room. The rest of the patio is taken up with 2 rockers, a small table big enough for wine glasses and a bakers rack. And for you ladies in Tucson, notice the wind chime. 8-)  I LOVE the sound it makes - you did good!  This patio faces north and doesn't get any sun so I was limited in what I can plant there.
The baker's rack is behind the rocking chairs.  All but one of the flowers/plants on the rack is real and the rest are artificial. 8-) The frog on the third shelf down, is from Larry's frog collection and is very well traveled having been with him in San Francisco, Sacramento (twice), Salt Lake City, Tucson and now Kansas.

Life is good...


No comments: