WEATHER: We were fortunate to make it through the outbreak of severe weather yesterday with no damage in our area. I was really impressed with the coverage of weather by the local TV Stations. Each one claims to have the "Most Accurate" weather forecasters and I haven't made up my mind yet which one I like best. I was surprised at how many days in advance they know to expect bad weather. They all interrupt regular program to cover the weather and sometimes this is for hours. They have their own storm trackers besides the feeds from Weather Channel. It was all very impressive, especially when they show a list of when the storm will be hitting different towns in it's path. One of them showed Olathe at 6:24 and Overland Park at 6:27. My cell phone kept alarming all day long with weather updates, warning and watches. At least the cell phone alarm did not go off indicating a real tornado within a certain distance of my location... Not fun but I will still take it over earthquakes where there is no warning. I watched with interest the news on the tornado's in Baxter Springs, KS since I have been there many times when I lived in southwest Missouri. Larry and I looked at houses in one of the towns that was hit outside Little Rock. And then the next three days are back in the min-50's so I get to wear sweaters again!
DRIFTS OF FLOWER PETALS:
One of the down sides of all the beautiful blooming trees is what happens when the petals fall off. This is near my front door sidewalk. The tree they are from is across the street and down a couple of doors. When I saw them after a strong wind on Saturday, I keep thinking that the landscapers from Tucson would not allow these in Dorado since they HATED cleaning up after flowering trees that shed their blossoms. You can imagine what it looked like when they piled up out in the grass.
MORRIS AND ICE CREAM: Vivian used to rave about a particular brand of Black Walnut Ice Cream and how good it was. It is made by a local company and not available out west - I checked..... So yes, I got the smallest contain they make a few weeks ago and I agree - it is great! I usually eat my desert in the evening while in my recliner and Morris never bothers me. However, he would take my dish of ice cream away from me if he could.... I used to have to fight him off until I was through when I would set my bowl down on the floor and he would lick it clean.
Well it got to where he simply refused to wait until I was done, and I got tired of fighting for my bowl, so now he gets his while I am eating mine.
And when he is all done, only the walnuts are left......
No comments:
Post a Comment