Thursday, April 10, 2014

Updates

I thought that I would do some updates today on recent posts....

GARAGE DOOR:  After 2 work orders and it still not really working properly, they ordered a new motor but in the meantime, I was without an automatic garage door for a few days. However it is a 2-car garage so I had another working door.  The only problem is that Vivian uses the 2nd spot and thus has the car opener for that door. I have no idea why one opener won't open both doors but it doesn't work that way. Fortunately the doors are easy to manually open and close them. And therein lies the issue...... A few days ago, I punched the wall control to raise the garage door and backed the car out. Instead of going back around to the front door, into the garage and closing the door with the wall switch, I stood outside and manually closed the door which would have been o.k. if I would have been careful and watched where my fingers were.  I managed to have them right between panel sections of the door so as it came down it pinched 2 of my finders right at the base of the nails. I couldn't reach the bottom of the door to move it back up to release my fingers so used my foot to raise it just enough to get them out.  The nails immediately were purple and yes it hurt like !@#$%^&*.  I just sat in the car for a few minutes  and then came inside and stuck the fingers down in a bag of ice for awhile. The nail colors now range from blue to purple...  Needless to say, I have not manually raised or lowered the garage doors since then. A new motor was installed on Tuesday so the garage door issue is hopefully fixed for awhile.

APPT WITH LIVER DOC:  I got a letter this week saying that I have a June 26th appoint with the doctor I wanted.  I know it is 2 1/2 months away but that is just not that unusual with doctors like that.  I do have the May 6th apt with a Primary Care doctor and will have him do the blood work so I know where I stand on the liver values instead of having to wait until the end of June to find out if this bronchitis has caused another flare up.

GUEST ROOM: The bed is done!!!!!! I lost track of how many places I looked for the buttercup yellow sheets I wanted to go with the comfortor.... I found them in the Martha Stewart line at Macy's for a mere $148.00 per set for a full size bed. I wasn't about to pay that much so kept looking and found the perfect ones at WalMart. It normally would not be that big a deal with a guest room but this is not the ordinary guest room - it's where Morris and I spend much of our day since it's where the computer is.
One end of the guest room has what they call a "library niche" but I use it as my office.  So every time I walk into the office I see the bed first and then go around the corner and on to the end of the room where the office is. And as you can see, this is where Morris hangs out. This is an important area for me and I wanted it to feel good, be cheerful, etc when I came into the area and it finally meets my criteria.

No comments: