Saturday, April 19, 2014

Quiet Saturday before it get's busy...

Today is a rather quiet day before a very busy week starts tomorrow....well it's a busy week for a retired person compared to what it has been the last few weeks.... Tomorrow is the big family Easter Dinner plus my niece's 60th Birthday.  Around 60 people were at the dinner last year... Tuesday is a class I'm taking at the Midwest Genealogy Center on "Writing Your Family History". On Wednesday I am going shopping at a nursery for some patio plants with my niece. On Saturday I'll be attending the County Genealogy Group meeting and the topic is DNA & Genealogy which should be interesting since I don't know much about it but hear a lot about it.  That night I'm going to a concert at the Kauffman Center.  The concert is by the Kansas City Jazz Orchestra and is the original arrangements of "The Greatest Big Band Hits of All-Time". I can't wait to attend an event at the Kauffman Center... They have 2 theaters - one is for Broadway type shows and one is for musical/instrumental concerts. So stay tuned and there may be something to write about next week on the blog.....

Morris and I are both so enjoying Spring.  For me, it's the flowering trees, blooming flowers, green grass and Robins in the yard. For Morris, it's having open windows.. Here he is sprawled out on the window sill in the office where the window is open plus there is sun. He moves to the floor or on the bed when the sun gets too hot for him.
He literally will lay there for hours watching what is going on outside. The driveway behind him goes into an office complex so there are lot's of people going into the building that he can watch.  He has to get on my desk to watch the Robins which are on another side of the house.

Below are pictures of flowering trees in the apartment complex - of which there are many.  The white tree is the another picture of a Bradford Pear and the bottom picture is of a Red Bud tree.   I don't know why it is called a "Red Bud" since the blooms are more of a pinkish purple.  It is amazing to drive down a street and see it lined with the flowering trees or drive through a neighborhood and see these plus other flowering trees and shrubs in yards. I love it!


No comments: