Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Misc for Dec 15th

O.K....I am ready for Christmas to be over and life getting back to normal.... You can bet that all of my Christmas stuff will be packed up and put away on Dec 26th!  As I said before, I wasn't raised in a home where Christmas was a big deal, it's hard to develop that attitude when you live by yourself for 20+ years and Christmas wasn't a big deal to either my ex or to Larry. So it has never become part of my life.  There is also the issue of Larry dying so close to Christmas which did not help matters any...

Motown:  Vivian and I went to see the Broadway show Motown last Saturday afternoon.  It was probably the best Broadway touring show I have ever seen and I have seen quite a few in different towns over the years. The storyline was a little thin but was adequate to tell the story of how Barry Gordy started Motown, it's growth and led up to the 25th Anniversary TV special. The music is outstanding with 60 songs from the Motown era.  Some of the songs are not the full version but are medleys and some are the full version. The sets were simple but very effective.  Lighting was creative and really made the show and sets. Great show! Several of the actors were in the original Broadway show. It was in the Music Hall that was built in the 1930's. The marble lobby floors and stairs were beautiful. Lots of stairs with only 2 elevators. Seats were close to the row in front with not much leg room.  The main negative of the show was the volume - too LOUD! 

Photo and Movie Editing Class:  I spent last Thursday and Friday afternoons at the local Community College in class. I knew nothing about making a movie let along editing one.  Now I know about frames, fade in, transitions, splitting, adding music, etc. My main goal for the class was to learn how to make a movie out of my still pictures.  I still prefer the paper book but always thought it would be fun to make a movie of a trip - just for the experience. So after many, many hours this weekend, I managed to make a movie out of still pictures. The movie is 3 minutes long, includes music and is complete with credits....  I'll attach it to a blog if I can figure out how to do it correctly.  I tried and it didn't work properly so you may have to wait until I see you to view the next Academy Award winner for a Documentary. The file is too big to email.....

No comments: