Monday, December 29, 2014

Monday Misc on Dec 29th

Christmas:  I could not wait for the holiday to be over. My decorations were down and put away by 10 a.m. on the 26th! Between my lack of Christmas Spirit and the memories of Larry in December I find the whole month just plain depressing.  I have promised myself that I will go someplace next year for part of the month - I just don't know where yet.  Yes, it is still Christmas but when you are busy doing "tourist things" then the holiday is an afterthought. I saw this at Thanksgiving when I was in San Diego and when Larry and I used to go to Las Vegas or Laughlin over Christmas and/or Thanksgiving. New Years doesn't bother me - it is mainly Christmas.

Car:  I got my vehicle back from the body shop on Friday and it looks like new. $500 deductible later.....

Birds and Squirrels: They are so entertaining!  I put the bird feeder in a tree that is about 15' straight out my office window so I am looking at it when at my desk. Besides the food in the feeder, I also sprinkle some on the ground under it. So far this morning I have seen squirrels, Blue Jays, Cardinals and  little black and white birds all eating but not all at the same time.  The squirrel and Blue Jays are the most aggressive. I saw 3 squirrels at one time on Saturday so the population is growing.  Two was the previous record. The Blue Jay is the only bird that has come onto the patio to get the squirrel's food....

Spam emails:  They are still continuing from when my email was stolen in the Home Depot hacking incident.  I can't believe people fall for some of them - they are so obviously phony. Sometimes I will get 5-10 of them a day. I refuse to give in and change the email address that I have had for over 30 years so I just keep deleting them.

No comments: