I caught the MetroLink behind the hotel and took it to near Forest Park. Then I got on the Park trolley that runs around the park with stops at all the tourist places so you can get off, do what you want to do, get back on the trolley and go on to the next stop. It was all very efficient. However, the hard thing for me was when I was done with something I want to go, not have to wait 10-15 minutes on the trolley.
Zoo: The zoo here is really great - I'm not saying it is better than the one in Kansas City but the one in St Louis is bigger and has more animals. It is definitely far better than the San Diego Zoo in my opinion but then so is the KC Zoo. I saw some animals here today that I have never seen anyplace in a zoo. The exhibits are really well done - open and not a lot of bars.
Jamacian Iguana
"I think I will just stay in bed today....."
One of the ugliest animals I have ever seen... It a 600 lb Takin - distant relative of an ox.
Water lilies in the outdoor garden.
I saw a Water Lilies canvas by Monet in the Art Museum in Kansas City and here was another one... I read the sign by it and found out that Monet painted 3 of the prints - all just slightly different. One is in KC, one in St Louis and the 3rd one is in the Cleveland Museum of Art. So I am going to compare this one with a picture I have of the one in Kansas City and see if I can see any differences.
Tomorrow it is back to Light rail and heading east to the Gateway Arch area...





No comments:
Post a Comment