Friday, July 31, 2015
Happy Friday...
I saw my primary care doctor this week for my annual "Wellness Check" and he is as happy with my health status as I am. First of all, I am still totally surprised that the doctors here go into the computer and read my chart before they come into the exam room! I always felt that my PCP doctor in Tucson didn't have a clue about my issues when he came into the room and had to refer back to my chart if anything came up. This guy walks in, is familiar with all my labs, what the other doctors have had to say, what my ongoing health issues are, know's I'm retired, live alone, move here to be near family, etc when he sees me. His discussion this time was that "yes I have some medical issues that I can't do anything about such as the plaque in the heart, one kidney, etc so I need to focus on what I can do something about such as eating properly, continuing to loose weight, exercise and stay busy since I'm retired." According to him, that is the key to a quality life when birthdays accumulate. He was telling me about a 90 year old patient who still plays tennis weekly and his 86 year old father who still farms but is now selective about what he does on the farm every day but getting on the tractor and plowing fields is one of the things he still does. So with that said....here is a sign I saw in a store last week:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment