Monday, July 13, 2015

Monday Misc for July 13th

 Heat: I laid in bed this morning, listening to the radio and decided I wasn't going to walk this morning based on the weather at 7 a.m. It isn't that it is just so hot but based on the heat index it is too hot for me!  Yesterday morning I rolled out at 7 a.m. and went for a 1.25 mile walk but the heat index wasn't so high and I chose a route that was mostly in the shade. Maybe tonight after the sun goes down.... It is supposed to be up to around 99 today with a heat index of 110-115. Summer has arrived! The humidity is so high due to all the rain we have had. Yesterday I walked across the grass to feed the squirrels and noticed that the ground is still soggy and squishy 2 days after the last rain. At least it gets back down into the upper 80's later this week....

Storms: Well I made it through my first Tornado Warning last Monday since I moved back here. I still can't keep Tornado Watch and Tornado Warning straight so have them in my cell phone notes. I know that one is "conditions are ripe" and one is "take cover". Here is what I was seeing on TV and the street going up the center is the street I live on. As the storm went on, the sky was totally dark navy.
Back when I lived here before,  you would hear the sirens go off but you really didn't know what was happening. Now, it is non-stop TV coverage with 2-3 weathermen in the studio, the guy in the helicopter and several spotters on the ground. One of the guys in the studio is forecasting, one is glued to the radar screens and another one is in communication with the people out in the field. They go back and forth between showing the radar on the full screen and the helicopter picture being the small picture like below.  The one below is NE of me before the one near me flared up.
. What really amazed me was at 4 p.m. there was no storms in the area and yet they were in full force an hour later. I was surprised that they could form that quickly.

Liver Doctor:  I saw my liver doc last Wednesday and he discharged me... I have had perfect liver function labs for 18 months.  Either the auto-immune hepatitis is in remission or I didn't have it in the first place which is what the doctor things.  He is 100% convinced that it was simply my liver being sensitive to Tylenol. I had switched to Tylenol from Ibuprophen at the insistance of my kidney docs after the transplant.  Apparently studies have show that some people's liver is sensitive to Tylenol and will show the same abnormal labs as someone with liver disease. We'll never know for sure since the doctors in Tucson only went by the blood test and didn't do a liver biopsy which would have been an accurate confirming test. So i get my labs done every 3-6 months, follow up with my primary care doc and call the liver doc if they show up abnormal again and we will do the biopsy. About 30% of the people with auto-immune hepatitis do go into remission so we will never know which it was.

No comments: