- Sept trip is over.
- Dec Trip is over.
- Jan birthday is over.
- Back to routine days - YEA!
The trips were wonderful and I made so many great memories but they take a lot of time to prepare for. I do weeks of research on where to go, what to see, where to stay, etc. Then when I get back I spend many, many hours doing my Trip Book. No more major trips until late April.
Yesterday was another birthday for me. I can remember the years when I looked forward to birthdays with excitement - probably up through the 21st one. Then came the neutral years when it was "Ho Hum, another birthday." After those came the years of dreading birthdays because it meant I was getting older. Now I look at them as a celebration for making it another year. After 71 birthdays, I realize that I am definitely on the way down the mountain - I just don't know what my elevation is on the mountain. Yes, I do feel a sense of "Do it while I am able to do it." I don't want to reach the bottom of the mountain with a lot of regrets for things I haven't done that I wanted to do.
So now it is time to get back to routine days and I certainly have some busy ones coming up. Most are with the Genealogy Society where I am teaching 5 classes this year for them. I had big plans to work on my presentations while on my Dec trip but didn't do it so gotta get busy. I haven't had time to do much genealogy research the last 6 months. Plus I have a Quarterly publication to get out by March 1st. But that's my life and I would rather stay busy than have nothing to do....

No comments:
Post a Comment