- The trip was 31 days long and I drove 4,270 miles.
- I drove through Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and Kansas.
- I stayed in 10 different hotels/motels while on the trip. The Holiday Inn Marina in Corpus Christi was probably my favorite. My time in a particular location ranged from 1 night to 2 weeks.
- I took 3,318 pictures. This time I edited more each day so won't have as many to do before I do the Trip Book.
- I also worked on the Trip Book while on the trip instead of having to do ALL of it when I get home. The pictures are mostly in the book until I got to San Antonio.
- I can't imagine doing a road trip anymore without my cell phone, satellite radio and Samantha (GPS). Using one of the apps I have on the phone, I found everything from the nearest McDonald's to the nearest Walgreen's. I checked restaurant menus before I went there and verified that Samantha knew where she was going.
- For this trip, I synced the music on my cell phone with the car so could listen to my music through the car speakers. Also listened to my favorite KC talk radio station when I was in a place to get a good signal. I could only take so much CNN and then went to music. I listened to more political stuff than I ever wanted to.
- My new laptop was a wonderful improvement over the old one. I could quickly download the pictures in the evening and do the blog in a lot less time that I could on the Sept trip.
- My most memorable experience was the Christmas Eve service in the 350 year old San Fernando Cathedral in Corpus Christi. The sanctuary was beautifully decorated for Christmas and it was awesome to listen to Christmas Carols being played on the huge pipe organ - even if I couldn't understand about 1/2 what they were saying.
- I haven't decided what my favorite tourist place was yet - I'll decide that when I do the Trip Book.
- It was a wonderful trip but my warm bed sure felt good last night.... 8-)
Here is a final picture for you from the Best Western in Denton, Texas where I spent my last night of the trip.
When I first walked in the door at the hotel, I saw the large fountain ahead of me on a wall. One of these above is the whole fountain. It is columns of water, each column full of bubbles and flows from the bottom to the top. It slowly changes color every few seconds - moving from green to dark green to dark blue to light blue, etc. It was really pretty and I'm not sure I have ever seen anything quite like it.
Back to putting stuff away and doing laundry... Plus getting organized on what I need to get done in the next week or so to catch up.


No comments:
Post a Comment