Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thurs Tidbits

Cookies:  Now I bet you are wondering what I am going to say about cookies.....  My very favorite cookies for the last year while on Weight Watchers was Nabisco Snack Well's Cookie Cakes, Devil's Food flavor.  They are 1 point each (in Weight Watcher's language), which is low for cookies, so for 2 points I could get my sweet tooth satisfied after dinner and also satisfy my chocolate tooth. I ran out of them several weeks ago and then found out that both of my grocery stores have quit carrying them which was a major crisis.  However, Wal-Mart saved me!  I found them at my local store and was so excited that I bought 4 boxes of them just in case.... 

iPhone 6:  Last Monday I went to the Apple store because of a question on my iPad memory.  Silly me forgot about the lines of people buying the new iPhone 6....  Sure enough there was a line of about 20 people outside the store waiting for a clerk inside the store to be ready for a new customer who wanted to buy the new phone.  They had 1 person taking care of us who did not want to buy the new phone so I got in but was 3rd in line for that person.  He answered my questions in about 2 minutes and on my way out I HAD to stop at a display and check out the new phones.  Checking them out confirmed my initial thoughts that I wasn't interested in upgrading. The smaller of the new phone is a little larger than my 5C so isn't worth the money.  Plus, the upgrades don't do anything for me based on how I use my phone. The iPhone 6 Plus is way too big.  It is too big to comfortably fit in my hand and wouldn't fit into any of the little phone pockets in my purses. So....will set this tech toy out for now.

Weight:  I have gained 2.5 lbs in the last month while Morris was sick  - or so the scales at the Weight Watcher's meeting said yesterday.  So it is time to get serious and go back to what I was doing that worked - cut out so much fast food and sweets.... Stress eating is definitely one of my problems.

Something new along the trail: Yesterday morning I went for a walk along the trail that runs 
through the apartment complex on the way to the golf course. There was the usual bunnies and squirrels along the trail but in the stream along the trail was a crane.  I'm not sure what kind it is.  He was perfectly still and I just happened to see him out of the corner of my eye.  I went on to the golf course and when I came back he was still in the stream. Made my day.....

No comments: