Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Updates

I was sooooo glad to get home yesterday after a long day of driving.  I drove 3 hours to Bentonville, AR and then spent a couple hours at the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. The Museum opened in 2011 and is really an amazing place.  It is out in the middle of nowhere with an outstanding collection of art by American artists of all mediums. There are many miles of trails surrounding the museum with art displayed - again in various mediums suitable for the outdoors. It is someplace I definitely want to go back to and spend a lot more time. 
This is part of the museum as seen from the dining room.  I wasn't prepared for it to be so modern in design and it seems a little strange to see the modern architecture set in the Ozark outdoors on a lake.
 
MORRIS UPDATE: I went by to see my little buddy this afternoon. I haven't seen him since last Thursday but did get an email update over the weekend from Dr. Cain who knew I was out of town. The consensus of Dr. Cain and the staff is that Morris is making progress and I agree.  Today when I walked in and he heard my voice he started meowing. He is moving his back legs just a little bit during his physical therapy and "tail-walking" him. He gets PT 3-4 times a day and hates it. Sometimes he pees on his own - not just dribble. Right now he is not getting any pain meds but is getting very heavy doses of steroids.  They were telling me today about a beagle who had the same behavior with his back legs as Morris does and the dog is walking again but it took him about 3 months to get his legs back. A big thing for me was today when I watched him pull his back legs up to his body and sat like a cat. It was slow movement but he did it.  He is still going everywhere in his wheelchair when he is home with them at night. The vet's wife, who also works there, found a video on the internet for a wheelchair made out of PVC pipe using a cloth sling that the whole body rests in. I think the vet is going to dry making one....  So...I have a little hope that I may get my buddy back someday.  Walking and bladder/bowel control are the must have criteria for him to come home and Dr. Cain agrees.

No comments: