Saturday, November 26, 2011

Looking better

I was really amazed at how much better Larry looked this morning when I got here! He practically snatched the McDonalds Hot Mocha out of my hand. Good thing I didn't get close until after they checked his glucose..... He drank it all and was ready for breakfast. He had radiation again around 8 and then was ready for his shower. By the times the docs got here around 11 he looked like a different person than what they have been seeing. We have quit referring to it as "confusion " (sounds too much like dimentia, etc) and refer to it as a fog. When he first wakes up it can be pretty thick and then kinda moves off shore although it can move a little in and out during the day. This morning we watched CNN, discussed politics, NBA talks, the hopeless task of educating me on stocks, etc. As long as I didn't ask him where he was we were fine.... 8-) He called his broker in San Francisco first thing last Wed to tell her what was going on. She sent some paperwork over for us to sign and have notarized. Our patient tech located a notary down in financial and she came up to notarize the papers. I was concerned that Larry wouldn't be able to answer the questions to prove that the raditation and steriods hadn't affected the brain too much but he passed. He didn't know our house number but knew the street. That was a relief to him to get those done. His glucose has been running between 170 - 260 so he is on insulin. The diabetis is due to the steriods. He had another patient sitter last night which is a hugh relief for me.

No comments: