Saturday, November 26, 2011
Morris, the jungle fighiting cat
Well we certainly saw another side of sweet little Morris last night! I was at home and talking to Jennifer on the phone. Morris was out in the front, fenced in entry for some fresh air. All of a sudden started screaming at the top of his lungs. I go to the door, turn the light on and there is a strange cat sitting just on the other side of the screen. I know better but I reached down to pick Morris up to get him inside the house so I could shut the door and he turned on me as if I was another cat attacking from behind him. He jumped up at me, got my left arm with teeth and claws. I couldn't believe it... I got a broom and got him inside the house where he calmed down. Then came doing first aid on my arm with one hand. Major long deep scratches, several short scratches and puncture woulds. He apologized this morning by snuggling up to me in bed before I got up. Larry's patient tech yesterday and today, used to be a vet tech so I talked to her this morning,. She said the other could have been in heat and Morris was just reacting even though he can't do anything about it or he could have been protecting his turf with the other cat and then though he was being attached from behind when I touched him. I think it was the latter.... I checked with the nurse this morning and they said a tetanus shot is good for 10 years and it has been less than 6 since I got it. The nurse looked at my arm, said I did a good job and rebandaged it. I think Larry was suspicious of my story until he saw the wounds.... Jennifer would have been my witness she I just laid the phone down by the door and she heard him. Whenever I picked the phone up she said "what in the world was that. It sounded like someone was being killed. "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment