Sunday, April 22, 2012

Found.......Long-Lost-Cousin

Back in January, I went into Ancestry.com for the first time in several months. I saw that a new public family tree had been posted that included my mother's family. I checked it out and sent an email to the person who posted the tree not knowing who it was or if the person would respond. I quickly got an email back and found out it was the son of my mother's brother.  The last time I remember seeing my cousin was when we were about 10 years old.  He is 2 years younger than me.  Since then we have emailed and shared files. He lives about 35 miles from Branson, over in Arkansas so we planned to get together while I was in Branson. It is ironic that Larry and I spent 2 months in Arkansas and didn't know he was there. So....this afternoon he and his wife met Vivian and I at a restaurant in Harrison, AR.  It was great to reconnect, catch up on family history and share information.  

No comments: