It has been really busy since I got home besides I'm still trying to adjust to the time zone change. Doing a 2 hour time change didn't used to bother me back when I was working and going between Sacramento and Oklahoma City every week. Maybe it's that I've had a several birthdays since then.. The first night I was home, I went to bed at 8 - it would have been earlier but I was waiting for it to get dark outside. Last night I made it to 8:30. If I can make it to 9 tonight then I will be back on schedule. Can't imagine what it will be like when I go back to the east coast this fall and have a 3 hour time change.....
It was good to get back to the support group today. A lady was there who just lost her husband earlier this month and I can so relate to what she is going through. He was only sick for 2 months with lung cancer. It always makes me realize how far I have come since Larry passed away in dealing with the grief, etc when I listen to someone who has recently lost their spouse.
I DO NOT like having to deal with all the house issues that Larry used to take care of. We had a leak in the office last September and then Larry got sick before we got someone out to work on the roof so I have had to take care of that before the monsoons start. It's the only time I'm glad we don't get a lot of rain. Spent the morning out in the yard doing weeks, etc. Then I went to hose off the patio.. I turned the faucet on and there were leaks everywhere in the hose so had to go get a new hose. Even the spray nozzle had leaks. Then I go to roll the new hose up onto the hose card and the handle broke. Grrrrrrrr. I'll get a new one of those tomorrow.
All and all, I can see that Morris are doing better and are adjusting to our "new normal" but are still taking it One Day At A Time.
Friday, April 27, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment