Can't believe it is Friday already - where has the week gone! When I got home from my trip last week, I opened the garage door and immediately saw a plastic (below) covering on the door leading into the kitchen. Then I get in the kitchen and see all these paper/plastic flamingos around. Of course Morris demanded my immediate attention and while scratching his ears, I looked around and there is more stuff in the dining room. Some friends had come over the day before and decorated the kitchen and dining room with everything they could find in stores that had pink flamingos on it. Why pink flamingo's? It's a long story that involves the HOA.... Let's just say "pink flamingos and trailer parks".... There was a note on the table saying "When's the party?" Last Monday, we did our Flamingo Party. There is actually a Pink Flamingo bar drink which we tried and immediately cut with pink lemonade since the original one is pure alcohol and too strong for us. It was a fun evening and coming home to that certainly took away my sadness about coming home from a trip and Larry not being with me.

This covering on the door was my first clue that the Flamingo Patrol had been in the house.
I just couldn't believe what all they found with pink flamingos but here are the glasses and straws. We had paper plates, napkins, cups, center pieces, all kinds of things tucked in with plants, etc. Even a large flamingo hanging on the laundry door.
Morris kept trying to sneak some shrimp off our plates so I just gave him his own plate and he joined us while we were eating. A fun evening with good friends who have gotten me though these last 5 months!
No comments:
Post a Comment