Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good Week!

This week was so different that the week before and boy did I need a nice, calm week. I have found out the hard way how exhausting emotions and grief can be. But, the skies are blue again and I'm enjoying not having the extra burden of special anniversary dates. 
Again, I leave in 4 weeks on the Calif trip and have not done the route or any hotels. With Larry, it would have all be done a month ago..  However, I plan to get most of it done this weekend - or at least that is my plan. It is going to be such an emotional trip and I'm doing some very careful planning to "take it easy on myself" where I can without feeling guilty.
I'm drowning in exercise or at last it feels that way for a couch potato. 8-)  I see the physical therapist 2 times per week, have to do exercises for my left hip/knee/ankle 2 times every day and go to the gym at least 3 times a week for the trainer.  It isn't anything new with the knee since for it has been extremely painful when I would go up or down steps and put my weight on the left knee for around 10 years.  It's just that in the last few months/weeks, it has started being "uncomfortable" when I walk very far, or sit very long with my knee bent. They don't expect it to clear up but feel it can be less painful on stairs. Amazing what happens to the body when those birthdays accumulate...
It was interesting today while I was on the treadmill at the gym and Larry's favorite song came up on my iPod.  His very favorite song was Meatloaf's Two Out of Three Ain't Bad. Back in Jan/Feb, when I first started walking to Starbucks again by myself, it would come up and I would cry all the way home. About three weeks ago, it came up on the iPod at the gym and I had to work really hard to not cry although there were tears in my eyes.  Today, it was just a hugh sadness while I listened to it and in my mind could hear him singing along with it and the hand movements he would make on certain phrases. Sooooo, my counselor would say that I'm making progress. But it's still One Day At A Time....

No comments: