So far this week, things are improving! The new garage door was installed on Monday and it working great - should be for what it cost.... Roof is fixed - I hope but won't know until we get a heavy rain.
I started my new class yesterday. It is 1/2 day on Tuesday for 6 weeks. The class is on National Security and has a speaker each week. This week it was a Border Patrol agent and hearing what they go through was really interesting. He had pictures, etc and he was on the 1st year of National Geographic TV show Border Wars. The rest of the speakers will be military - from cyber warfare to a drone plane operator. The classes are through the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute which is part of the University of Arizona. I'm looking forward to their fall schedule of classes and see what they will be offering. I have learned that for me, as much as I enjoy my hobbies, a class really helps my mental state and gets me out of the house. My hobbies are mostly at home on the computer except for being out taking pictures. I have new, different things to think about when I'm in a class. Tomorrow I am doing a one-time afternoon class on writing a biography.
A couple of years ago or less, Larry and I went to the gym 4-5 times a week. But I got sick, then he got sick, then this and then that came up and we quit going. Instead we would walk the neighborhood. I haven't done very good at keeping the walking up, mainly too painful by myself, and now it's too hot. So...I went back to the gym today and reopened my Silver Sneakers membership. I also got set up with a personal trainer for 2 months. I'm a big stress eater and goodness knows I have had enough stress since Larry got sick back in November. Last week the doctor gently reminded me that I'm going to have to deal with the weight and get to exercising if I want to feel better physically. The biggest problem is that I HATE, HATE exercising but know I should. But like other things, One Day At A Time..
Wednesday, May 09, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment