Sunday, May 20, 2012
I made it through the weekend...
Well, the weekend isn't quite over but it's 4 p.m. on Sunday so I think I've made it...... It has really been tough this weekend - since last Thursday.Today, I couldn't help thinking about the day of the transplant 4 years ago. I woke up at 5 a.m. today which was about when I got up that morning. I wanted to get to the hospital so I could see Larry in his room before I had to be down at surgery by 6:30 a.m. The morning today continued that way - thinking about what I was doing when until about 8 a.m. when I went in for surgery. By now on that day, we were back in our room and I was clutching my morphine button while he was up walking around. I just had to get out of the house this morning so I went to the gym for awhile - at least it was cool there. Then I went over to Peppi's House and looked at the tiles for Larry with his name on it. I would look at the picture oof Larry n my iPhone and then look up at "In memory of........". It was just so hard to believe. I set there under a tree for awhile and just remembered before coming home. I felt much better when I got home than when I left so I guess I did the right things. Hopefully this coming week will be better. My next big hurdle, as far as I know, will be when we do his ashes on July 2nd. I'm not looking forward to it at all but yet will be glad to get that hurdle behind me. One Day At A Time..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment