Wednesday, June 06, 2012
Milestone
Larry and I always put our Christmas cards on the kitchen wall until after Christmas. So, back in November when Get Well cards started to come in, I put them on the wall after taking them to the hospital to show him. Then came Christmas cards, then Sympathy cards and lastly Thinking of You cards. They all went up on the kitchen walls. This is one of 4 areas they were on. Over the months I have looked at them and felt such comfort from them. Some of them I have read and re-read many, many times. On some of them I still read the verses on the outside of the card about every day. I just couldn't take them down. The counselor said they were kinda like "hugs" fo rme and I think she was right. She said I would know when the time was right to take them down and not to rush it. .Anyway, last week I started thinking about taking them down. One fell down Sunday, for the upteenth time, and I didn't put it back up. Then yesterday another one fell down. So today I decided to see if I could take them down. One after the other I took them down, peeled the scotch tape off the back, reread them and put them in a pile. I kept out 6 cards that have meant the most to me and put them back up so I can keep reading them. One of my favorites is "By love, they are remembered, and in memory they live". I tied them up with a ribbon and put them in the drawer with other personal things of Larry's and things from the Memorial service, cards from flowers we received, etc. So....One Day At A Time progress is being made.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment