What I have learned in the last 6 months:
- Planning a trip isn’t near as much fun when you don’t have
anyone to share it with.
- The depth of emotions that are within me. I learned to not hold emotions in like I
have done all my life but to let them surface.
- The death of a spouse is nothing like a divorce. The death is so
much harder to handle.
- Pets grieve in many of the same ways that humans do.
- The value of friends who are there whenever you need them.
- Losing a “spouse” is nothing like losing a parent or close
friend.
- Everyone deals with grief differently and there is no
“right way”.
- There is no time frame on “getting over it”.
- Little things of his mean a lot to me. i.e. his Medic Alert
dog tag with transplants listed
- How important it is to discuss “what to do when I’m gone”.
- Sometimes it’s the little things that can trigger tears.
- How much comfort a bag of little Snickers or a big, juicy hamburger can be.
- I hate it but can deal with lizards and bugs in the house on my own. i.e. 2 ½” hard-shell beetle or a lizard.
- Sounds in the night. i.e. something on the roof and
sometimes in the back yard.
- How
hard it is to bet back into the groove of doing chores that usually Larry did even thought I did them for years before we got together. i.e. taking trash
out, spraying/pulling weeds in the yard, sweeping out the garage, dealing
with repair companies.
- Just because you lived alone in the past doesn’t make it any easier now.
- How to take life One Day At A Time.

No comments:
Post a Comment