Monday, June 25, 2012

Pasadena

Leaving the house this morning was very sad since Larry wasn't with me and I was by myself.  The biggest problem with the drive today was that there wasn't anyone to talk to. Hence, at times between Phoenix and Palm Springs where there wasn't much to look at it, and it was hard at times to stay really alert.  I was o.k. once I got to the Palm Springs area where there was more traffice and things to look at.
During the last 25 years when I either lived in the LA area or have driven by Pasadena on the freeway , I never went "downtown" before today.  The downtown is extrmely clean and very pretty. The hotel is 2 blocks off Colorado Blvd, where the Rose Parade is, and I'm going to walk down that way for dinner to get a little exercise.  It's about 80 degrees out.... 8-) 
I was listening to CNBC today on the radio for most of the way and learned that Christmas is exactly 6 months from today...  Better start getting ready!
Since I learned in San Diego how hard it is to drive in a city and follow maps at the same time, I put the hotel address in the Garmine (GPS system) before I left home. Not that I didn't trust Gertrude, that is what Larry and I named the irritating voice of the Garmin, I also printed out maps for the trip.  Good thing I had a map since Gertrude kept trying to take me south of the I-10 and I KNEW that Pasadena was north of the I-10.  I have no idea where she would have taken me but it sure wouldn't have been to the hotel I wanted to go to.  I p.robably wore her out since she was recalculating all the time when I ignored the turns she wanted me to take. Maybe she will do better tomorrow..
Yep, Morris was pretty upset with me this morning. He woke me up around 5 and I finally got up at 5:30 since he wouldn't let me go back to sleep. I got ready, took him for a walk and then finished packing the car. By the time I was done, he was setting in the entry and ignoring me. Not often, but once-in-a-while, I wish he was like other cats who care less if people are around or not.  But then he wouldn't be Morris.... So I told him to just take it One Day At A Time  like I do and soon I will be home again...


No comments: