Thursday, August 21, 2014

Bed rest for Morris

I sooooooo want him healed and back to his onry self!!!!!!! It was 4 weeks ago this week that he fell and hurt his back.  To me, he isn't any better.  To his team of doctors (regular vet and acupuncture vet) he is making progress with more feeling in his back feet when they test it and less swelling in the area of some vertebra - T 12 and T 13 to be exact.  They agreed that he needs to be confined and prefer him to not be walking to let the bruise/injury heal.  I want to see him moving but I have to trust them. So......instead of the 3x3 ft area they preferred, we compromised and I made him an apartment in the 3x6' hallway where his litter box already is. Maybe I should put a picture of a lizard on the wall..... He is not thrilled but he is such a good patient. I think having to do this to him is harder on me than it is on him. I can take him out to sit on my lap but he cannot be allowed to jump down or I can carry him and put him in his car carrier (below) where he can see outside. He can't be on a slick floor hence the carpet in his apartment. He still has the pain patch which get's changed every 3 days $$$, I give him a dose of oral pain medicine and predisone daily and he gets weekly acupuncture $$$. He hates the oral meds and I am not nearly as good at giving them to him as the vets are - they make it look so easy. We go to every other day for the predisone on Sunday so some days I will only have to go through it once a day. They both say that injuries like this can take months to heal which is not what I wanted to hear. I want it fixed now and I'm sure Morris agrees with me! The acupunture vet made me promise that I wouldn't make myself a bed in his space like some of her patients have done and sleep in there with him.......

No comments: