Saturday, August 16, 2014

Saturday Stuff

Morris Update: He is about the same after this 3rd acupuncture treatment.  We went back to his regular vet yesterday to get the pain patch replaced and more meds. The vet compounded the steroid with some chicken flavor to hopefully make it a little more palatable but not sure it worked.  I got some freeze dried shrimp that he only gets after his medicine. When he sees me coming, he makes a dash under the bed.  I get down to the side closest to him and then he moves over to the other side.  This morning we played that game several times before I could reach a paw to drag him out. I'm going to put some low boxes under the bed to reduce the amount of space he has because he definitely knows how long my arms are. It really makes me feel BAD when he runs from me!

FOOD: I have had several people ask me what I eat since I have been loosing weight. I do eat a lot
less but the biggest difference is in what I eat. This is a typical dinner for me - lots of fruit (or veggies) and a sandwich.  In this case it is a toasted English muffin with Canadian bacon and cheese on it. Or it could be smoked turkey on multi-grain break. I also had a 1" slice of lemon cake (no frosting) from one of the miniature loafs they make. Now for lunch yesterday....I stopped at Longhorn Steakhouse and had their lunch of  Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders with a baked sweet potatoe and bread. Breakfast was toast and an orange. So...I'm eating regular food. I still have cheeseburgers and fries but it is usually once a week instead of several times a week like it was 30 lbs ago.
I went to the farmer's market this morning and am going to start taking 2 bags since the 1 bag was totally full today. The peaches, tomatoes and apples were picked yesterday. The apples are called "Blondies" - similar to Yellow Delicious but a firmer texture.  The peaches are free stone and soooooo good. I also got a couple of ears of white corn.  I have not eaten so much fruit and veggies since Larry and I were in Little Rock and went to their Farmer's Market every week - sometimes twice a week. Maybe it is the soil difference but the stuff from the farmer's market in Tucson is not nearly as flavorful as it is here. I am thoroughly enjoying going to the farmer's market on Saturdays, loading up and enjoying it all week. It has been interesting to see the progression of fruit and veggies over the weeks. Today I saw the first watermelon of the year at the market so more will be there soon.

No comments: