Friday, August 08, 2014

TGIF

When you are retired, it doesn't make much difference if it is Thursday, Friday or Saturday.  However, I am always glad to see Friday and don't ask me why - guess it is just the 47 years when I was working and you always looked forward to Fridays......

Brother's Surgery:  My brother had surgery on Tuesday for his back.  They did a Lumbar Laminectomy due to stenosis of the spine. The surgeon had him out of bed walking within 1 hour of getting into his room from recovery and we were just in awe when we watched him walk - it was so much better than before surgery. He went home the next day but it was 2 very long days....

Morris Update: I didn't spend much time at home on Tuesday and Wednesday due to Bill's surgery. I was shocked yesterday to see how poorly Morris was walking and by the time we went to bed last night he was almost dragging his hind legs as he tried to walk.  I had to get him positioned on bed in his usual position because he couldn't get his legs moved around.  About an hour later I remembered that I had one more dose of pain med left and gave it to him even though he protested. I felt him get off the bed a couple of hours later and then in the litter box so I got up to see how he was walking.  Much to my surprise he was walking better than he had in a few days. This morning he was still moving around pretty good but once in a while one of the back legs just goes out on him.  I called his regular vet this morning, took him in and Morris got another pain patch put on. We'll see how it goes. He doesn't make sounds like he is in pain but his actions say he is.  He has another acupunture treatment on Thurs. Both vets think he just has a lot of swelling in the spinal cord from his fall since both legs are affected and no breaks or disk problems show up on the x-rays.  Hopefully the swelling will go down and life gets back to normal with him.  8-)

Lunch: Today I went to Firebird's for lunch, had a great salad, good bread and a glass of wine - I deserved it!!!!!!!

Football: It was fun to watch the KC Chiefs play last night and be in a town where there is a pro team. I was an avid Chief's fan when I lived here in the late 60's and early 70's. Pro football just isn't the same when you live in a town that doesn't have it's own pro team. I somewhat followed the University of Oregon football while living in Tucson so I'm interested to see how the Chief's draft pick from U of O does. He certainly got off to a great start last night!

No comments: