High temperature: Yes, 94 is hot with a heat index of 98 with a 43% humidity. But I was just out in it going to the store and to me is a lot better than same temps in Arizona. Why? There is a 12 mph breeze blowing and that to me, makes all the difference in the world!
Morris update: Not much new.... Most of the time he is in his little area and thank goodness he doesn't protest too much. This picture was Thursday evening when I put him in his car carrier for awhile so he could check out the neighborhood. He was definitely being overmedicated so on Friday we stopped the oral med and he just has the pain patch. Now he is more alert, wanting his ears scratched, etc. His acupunture vet is going to have a fit when I tell her that Morris "went over the wall and escaped" Wednesday night. I heard a noise in the night but it didn't fully wake me up at the time but when I did wake up a little while later for my usual nightly trip to the bathroom, I checked on Morris and he was not in his area. I had forgotten to put the 2nd gate up (each one is 2' high) when I went to bed the night before - bad nurse! I went looking for him and see a tail sticking out from under the bed. The next night I hear him rattling the gates after I go to bed so I get up and tape a big piece of cardboard to the gates on his side so he can't climb out. The gates have diamonds in them that are big enough for him to get his paws in so I could just see him climbing up and out again. Today I got some screen wire and stapled it to his side of the gates so he can't climb out. It just never ends...... Tomorrow we go back to get the pain patch changed and another test of the reflex in his back legs. Both vets gave me their cell phone numbers in case I needed them this weekend which I really appreciated. I don't know how long they will wait before recommending the surgery that we are hoping to avoid. He really has been such a trooper through all of this and the vets just love him. I met a lady at the Genealogy board meeting the other night who has a cocker spaniel that has a completely torn ACL and is having surgery on it this week.....
A night out: Several weeks ago I got tickets to one of the local dinner theaters in town to see Smokey Joe's Café. I took my niece, her husband and her step-daughter along. It was really good to get out and do something fun for a change after spending so many hours taking care of Morris. At least with his litter box, I can leave him for awhile at a time. The show was a musical and very good. Dinner was good and overall it was a very good evening. I needed it!
Sunday, August 24, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment